Is CBD Healthy For Cats?
There’s been a lot of talk surrounding CBD lately and it’s all good news.
CBD is being touted as one of the best alternatives to pain medication. It is even been known to successfully treat the following in people:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
If you are just now hearing about CBD, we’d be glad for having the opportunity to introduce you two.
Cannabidiol, which is what CBD is short for, is an extract from the hemp plant. Unlike its familiar plant marijuana, CBD does not contain the psychoactive component THC, which is the known ingredient to cause the “high” and euphoric effect.
So, since it’s healthy for humans, is it healthy for other animals, like your beloved cat?
It sure is.
Let’s look into why CBD for cats is healthy.
Produces Calming Effect
CBD is known for producing a calming like effect on those who take it due to it being a serotonin receptor for the nervous system.
Therefore an increase in serotonin, which is the body’s ultimate mood booster, leaves you feeling calm and relaxed.
The same effect had happened in cats, too.
Below are some of the calming effects you will see in your cat once you give them CBD:
- Healthy appetite – happy and healthy cats will have no issues eating and keeping it down.
- Purring – the hypnotic noise of the cat purr is also another indicator that cats are calm.
- Playfulness – cats that are relaxed and stress-free will want to engage in play with you and other cats and animals.
- Keep up with cleanliness – calm cats will maintain their cleaning rituals.
- Routine litter box usage – if your cat consistently uses their litter box, then all signs point to a calm cat.
If you noticed your cat hasn’t been showing these signs and their behavior has changed, it may be due to stress.
Although it is always recommended you see a veterinarian for any and all issues with your cat, CBD can also help your cat experience these behaviors once again.
Good for Their Overall Health
Knowing CBD is good for calming your cats is also a good indicator of health. However, we’re here to learn more about how CBD can improve their overall health.
Cat CBD oil can also help with the following:
- Treat inflammation – Since CBD can help with pain, it can also act as an anti-inflammatory for your cats.
- Treat symptoms of epilepsy – If your cat suffers from seizures, try giving them CBD next time they have an episode to help with the painful aftermath.
- Treats skin and coats conditions – CBD is also known to cure dry and flaky coats on your cats and regular usage can give them healthy skin and a shiny coat.
By giving your cats CBD, you’ll be sure you’re covering all of their health bases.
What Are You Waiting For?
Now that you know CBD oil is healthy for your feline loved one, you have nothing stopping you from giving it a try.
CBD can be given to your cat in a variety of ways including CBD treats, CBD infused cat toys are even in an oil form.
The best form of cat CBD is in an oil form. The reason being that you can control the dosage and give them the same amount every day, which will put your cat’s body into a routine of processing it.
As a pet owner, you should always be looking out for your pet’s best interest. That their interest lies in giving them natural remedies that will let them live long and happy lives.